Organizing projects – 5 Signs that you have a challenging organizing project
- Your organizing project will take more than 3 hours to complete.
- You need to recruit help to complete your organizing project.
- You have difficulty knowing when and how to start the organizing project.
- You’ve started the organizing project and can’t seem to get it done.
- You find it difficult to maintain an organized space.
Organizing projects – 5 Ways to approach a challenging organizing project
- Get help – Hire a Personal Professional Organizer or a nonjudgmental friend or family member. Hire an accountability partner (for maintenance)
- Make a plan – Set realistic timelines for yourself. Schedule time to work on each of the steps in your organizing project.
- Make a list of resources and supplies that you will need for your organizing project. Organizing tips: Don’t buy organizing tools until after you purge items that you are getting rid of. Gather basic supplies such as trash bags for donations, bins for trash/recycling, and markers are helpful when you get started.
- Break challenging organizing project into smaller projects.
- Stop, observe, think – what is the 1 thing that would make a difference? Do just that and stop. Maintain the organized space it for at least a week then identify the 2nd thing and do that. Continue if this is successful. Don’t give up!
Organizing projects and your Personal Professional Organizer
As a Personal Professional Organizer I am experienced and able to help you in a variety of ways:
- Organizing consultation and assessment
- Create a plan of action with timelines
- Establish an organizing maintenance schedule
It is time to get started and stop feeling overwhelmed because professional help is available. You and your space deserve to be clutter-free.
June 30, 2016DIY Organizing Projects DIY organizing projects are a great way to: Take stock of what you already have, what you need and will use, what you want, and what you are ready to let go of. DIY organizing projects allow you to feel productive and creative. You realize the immediate benefits of organizing: clear space, energy flows. Here is a Jumpstart ... Read more
June 27, 2016DIY Organizing Projects DIY organizing projects are endless. Organizing is a year-long process and the perfect time to organize is always NOW. Forget keeping a summer organizing to-do list. Remember that you don’t need to wait to declutter and organize the spaces in your home, office, and automobile. If you want to know how to prioritize ... Read more
June 24, 2016How to reduce paper clutter Reduce paper clutter and you will feel lighter. The steps depend upon the type of paper items such as circulars, coupons, meeting handouts, or mail. In this post your San Diego Professional Organizer will share her 5 Organizing Tips For Handling Your Mail: Purge the mail that you have… Obstacle: You hate to ... Read more
June 17, 2016Summer Organizing Tips: Don’t Do It! My best summer organizing tip: don’t wait until summer to get it done. Do you or someone you know have a long list of summer organizing projects that you plan or hope to get done? The key is to have a plan because just hoping, never works. Summer organizing is ... Read more
June 15, 2016Organizing Projects | Summer Organizing projects can be done all year long. Do you have a list of the ones that you save for summer? Here are some of the projects that your San Diego Personal and Professional Organizer hears most often: Garage – clear the clutter, organize items into containers, add shelving and cupboards, and resurface ... Read more
June 13, 2016Organize Now! Organize now and stop putting it off. It’s just a matter of dedicating some time to the process. You will see the benefits of organizing if you do a little over a consistent period of time. If you don’t organize now you could make life unnecessarily difficult for yourself and your family in unexpected ... Read more
June 13, 2016Women’s Networking Wardrobe Tips Networking Wardrobe Tips are meant to support your goals and strategies for building professional relationships and creating more business. When I assist men and women with my image consulting services I offer easy ways to look professional and confident. Here are some of my important Wardrobe Do’s and Don’ts based upon actual ... Read more
June 10, 2016Reasons Why You Don’t Organize Organize, organize, organize! It’s on the cover of almost every magazine these days. “3 Reasons Why You Don’t Organize” was my recent blog post, did you read it? If so, here are 3 more reasons why you may not organize: You don’t think that being organized is that important You don’t think that ... Read more
June 7, 20163 Reasons Why You Don’t Organize Organize, it seems impossible sometimes. There are many reasons why you don’t organize, let’s look at 3… Some people simply don’t like to organize. “It’s boring.” “It’s a waste of time.” ” I can think of 10 other things that I’d rather be doing.” Others don’t know how to get started. “It’s ... Read more
June 2, 2016Storage Do’s and Don’t s | 7 Absurdly Easy to Implement Organizing Tips Storage do’s and don’t s are important so that you don’t waste time, space, or money! Think about these organizing tips: Organizing Tip #1 – DON’T rent off-site storage for items that you know you will need in 6 months or less. Unless you ... Read more