Organizing projects – 5 Signs that you have a challenging organizing project
- Your organizing project will take more than 3 hours to complete.
- You need to recruit help to complete your organizing project.
- You have difficulty knowing when and how to start the organizing project.
- You’ve started the organizing project and can’t seem to get it done.
- You find it difficult to maintain an organized space.
Organizing projects – 5 Ways to approach a challenging organizing project
- Get help – Hire a Personal Professional Organizer or a nonjudgmental friend or family member. Hire an accountability partner (for maintenance)
- Make a plan – Set realistic timelines for yourself. Schedule time to work on each of the steps in your organizing project.
- Make a list of resources and supplies that you will need for your organizing project. Organizing tips: Don’t buy organizing tools until after you purge items that you are getting rid of. Gather basic supplies such as trash bags for donations, bins for trash/recycling, and markers are helpful when you get started.
- Break challenging organizing project into smaller projects.
- Stop, observe, think – what is the 1 thing that would make a difference? Do just that and stop. Maintain the organized space it for at least a week then identify the 2nd thing and do that. Continue if this is successful. Don’t give up!
Organizing projects and your Personal Professional Organizer
As a Personal Professional Organizer I am experienced and able to help you in a variety of ways:
- Organizing consultation and assessment
- Create a plan of action with timelines
- Establish an organizing maintenance schedule
It is time to get started and stop feeling overwhelmed because professional help is available. You and your space deserve to be clutter-free.
June 28, 2017Disorganization | How to handle sudden unexpected situations Disorganization occurs when you are confronted with a sudden and unexpected situation. These might include: Diagnosis of illness or chronic condition Injury or accident Separation, divorce, death A job loss, forced retirement Job promotion Adult child returns home Financial emergency Natural or man made disasters Theft, break-in Sudden and unexpected situations can impact organization and time management. Some ... Read more
June 26, 20177 Stress-free Time Management Tips 7 stress-free time management tips sounds like an oxymoron. Recently I had some health issues that caused me to have to slow down, literally and physically. Its’ no coincidence that this was an opportunity (aka challenge) to reevaluate how I managed by time. When you are faced with responsibilities and deadlines, ... Read more
June 16, 2017Professional Organizer As a Professional Organizer I teach declutter tips so that you can organize and store items in the most efficient way possible. Most of you want more space and less stuff. Deciding what is clutter and what you can let go of can be an overwhelming and stressful project if you don’t have a ... Read more
May 19, 2017Organizing tips Organizing tips from your Professional Organizer to help when you are faced with sudden and unexpected situations. Here are some examples for events or situations that may challenge even organized people: Sudden diagnosis of illness or chronic condition Sudden injury or accident Unexpected relationship separation Unexpected job loss, re-engineering, downsizing Job promotion Financial emergency Sudden loss of significant other or family ... Read more
May 17, 2017Situations causing disorganization Situations causing disorganization include major life transitions such as divorce, death, retirement and job loss. The impact of these situations is well documented in academic and popular literature. Situational disorganization may be characterized in 2 ways, sudden and unexpected situations, or expected but unprepared for situations. Sudden and unexpected situations One of my clients suffered ... Read more
May 15, 2017Situational disorganization Situational disorganization is generally defined as a temporary state of disorganization caused by a disruptive event. You’ve likely heard, read, or said some or all of the clichés such as, “life is unpredictable”, “nothing is in your control”, “stuff happens”, or “the only thing that’s guaranteed is death and taxes”. In the HGTV article ... Read more
May 4, 2017Organizing Tips Organizing tips should be easy to use and offer many benefits. The benefits of organizing may be easily seen as in the case of a decluttered surface such as a floor. Some organizing tips yield benefits that cannot be seen but they are definitely felt. As a Personal and Professional Organizer my clients tell ... Read more
April 14, 2017Get organized to organize Get organized to organized! Would you ever host a special event or take a week long trip without making a plan? I hope not! Would you feel confident walking a half marathon if the furthest you walked was 1 mile? Call me crazy but you’d be better off training, first. Getting organized ... Read more
February 20, 2017Rainy day organizing projects | Closets Rainy day organizing projects | closets give you a sense of accomplishment. You can always schedule rainy day organizing projects even when it is not raining! You can organize by room but I suggest that you start small and declutter one closet at a time. Plan ahead so that you ... Read more
January 27, 2017Professional Organizer Professional Organizers are highly motivated to transfer their organizing skills to their clients. It makes more sense for you to to enjoy the benefits of organizing by using them in between sessions rather than use them only when I am there. I listen carefully to the things that my clients say during the time ... Read more