Time Management, Music
Time management has many benefits. When you don’t have a system for time management, or use the system that you have, the harmful consequences become evident quickly. Here are 7 examples of how poor time management can harm you:
- Well being – When you are struggling with time management it will negatively affect your well being. Increased and chronic levels of stress can wreak havoc with self esteem as well as your health.
- Sleep – Regular and adequate sleep is critical for your physical and mental health. If you are constantly under stress it can impair the quality of your sleep. Do you have trouble falling asleep? Staying asleep? What about waking up in the morning?
- Eating – Poor time management is often seen in a lack of planning, scheduling and routines. The consequences of this include poor food choices, wasted spending on fast food, or skipping meals.
- Productivity-Without time management it is often difficult to get work done in a productive manner. Keeping track of due dates is important as is learning to set healthy boundaries and only taking on what you can accomplish. Do you procrastinate and avoid the tasks that you don’t like to do? Read on to see how music might help this.
- Personal credibility – What do your friends, spouse or relatives think about your credibility and reliability. Do you remember to RSVP before the deadline? Are you often running late and making them wait for you? These habits can impact relationships in unhealthy ways.
- Accuracy – If you find yourself rushing to get things done you are more likely to make mistakes. When you don’t give yourself enough time to get to a meeting you may miss an exit or turn. When you aren’t planning ahead for projects or meetings you may show up without all of the essential information or materials.
- Career stability – Missed deadlines and showing up late never instills confidence in your supervisors or coworkers. To be well-regarded and considered for career advancement you want to demonstrate your time management skills on a consistent basis.
Music is a great tool and often under-utilized in terms of time management. Here are a few tips that you can try out if you want to enhance your time management skills and have a bit more fun as well:
Set your alarm – do you wake up to an alarm and if so, is a sound, the news or music? As a Time Management Coach I am a steadfast proponent of a daily sleep routine. How you wake up is almost as important as how much sleep you get. How you wake up can set the tone for the day. Try music that makes you happy, but nothing that is too soothing that it will lull you back to sleep. Whatever you choose, avoid the news because that can wait.
Dance while you clean – I love a clean home but I hate cleaning. My best tip for making cleaning go faster is to play energizing music, something that makes you want to dance. I would love to know what some of your favorites are and then I will share mine.
Wash the dishes – Have you ever thought about recruiting your significant other to clean up after dinner. Try playing “your” song while you and he wash and dry the dishes. Keep the dinner candles lit, too. When you take the time to make mundane tasks special it truly becomes quality time.
Time Management, Music
You might not need a Time Management Coach if you can motivate yourself and be driven by the benefits. Read: 15 Amazing Benefits of Listening to Music
Planning, Music – Try listening to calming music while you review your calendar and plan your week ahead.
Sleep, Music – Wind down at least 30 minutes before going to sleep at the same time every night. Play soothing music, only.
July 20, 2011Here are 4 easy steps: (1) Discard all spoiled and expired items. Keep a shopping list handy so that you can write down those items you want to replace. (2) Remove all items from the pantry, place them on the countertop or table grouping like items together. Take stock of how much of particular items you have ... Read more
July 6, 2011Where and how you store your medical history is a personal decision. Consider access, privacy, and emergency preparedness when you weigh the benefits of relying on a hard copy and or electronic file. Do you have a personal safe or rent a safe deposit box? Does your emergency contact have a current copy? Your personal ... Read more
July 5, 2011Whether it is for you or a loved one it is important to organize your medical history, have it readily accessible, and stored safely. The advantages of this are that over time we cannot rely solely upon memory. An organized medical history may include past and present information about: Medications, vitamins, supplements Dates and results of examinations, ... Read more
June 23, 2011“When I cannot bear outer pressures anymore, I begin to put order in my belongings…As if unable to organize and control my life, I seek to exert this on the world of objects.” Anais Nin, The Diary of Anais Nin. Read more
June 8, 2011Soles 4 Souls You can accomplish a lot by donating your shoes to a very worth cause, Soles 4 Soles. http://www.soles4souls.org/ Check with me or your local Professional Organizer to find out more. Read more
May 30, 2011In most places summer is only two months long. If you’ve waited for summer to address big organizing projects then it’s probably a good idea to pick only 1-2 to work on. Try to break each project up into smaller ones and work on one per week. For instance, maybe you want to organize your ... Read more
May 25, 2011You know all of those photos that are sitting in boxes somewhere in your house or garage? Why not consider making your father an album of favorite memories for Father’s Day? You don’t have to go out and purchase anything except the album. Fill it with photos that span time, or have a theme like ... Read more
May 24, 2011What functions does your office serve? Do you greet clients? Do you have walk-ins? Is it a home office that doubles as a dining area? Is it shared space? Clarify what work happens in the office and who uses the space. Then determine what you need to make it work for you! There are some ... Read more
May 16, 2011At this point, what does Dad want or need? Perhaps the gift of time to organize? Maybe an organizing buddy or coach? Think of creative gifts for your father…if your father have a hobby, perhaps he needs an organized place for his supplies, materials and equipment. If your father is thinking about moving into a smaller ... Read more
May 13, 2011Most of us agree that reusable shopping bags are a good idea for the environment. Best way to make sure that you use them is to keep them in your car. Having them readily available, which means that they are visible so that you don’t forget to bring them into the store, is the first ... Read more