Women’s wardrobe tips
Women’s wardrobe tips here are designed to help you do 2 things. First, to downsize the unworn clothing in your closet. Second, I am including wardrobe tips to expand your wardrobe and create new outfits. Hopefully you already love the clothing in your closet. My wardrobe tips can help you spruce up your outfits without breaking the bank and keep you from getting bored wearing the same things repeatedly.
By simply adding accessories I can help you create shape in a baggy outfit. Mixing prints and textures will immediately update your wardrobe without having to shop for new items. Read on for more wardrobe tips.
Women’s wardrobe tips: 5 Ways to downsize unworn clothing
As your Personal Organizer I also offer image consulting services to help you to wear all of the clothes in your closet. Here are my 5 easy to implement women’s wardrobe tips:
- Let go of items that don’t fit. If you have clothing that is currently too big, too tight, too short, too low cut, binding in the waist or crotch, or that cuts into your arms it is time to let it go. Clothing that doesn’t fit is uncomfortable. Items that don’t fit detract from your appearance and don’t make you feel good about how you look.
- Let go of items that are worn, stained, in disrepair. When doing your wardrobe and closet makeover make sure that all of your clothing includes items that are in good condition. This is a time saver because you can be confident that you won’t put on something that is stained and then have to change your clothing at the last minute!
- Let go of items that don’t enhance your body type, image and/or lifestyle. Include the styles and colors that enhance your body type and play to your best features. Wear styles that draw the eye to your assets and downplay areas that you might feel self conscious about. If you have a business wardrobe that doesn’t mean that everything has to be dark, neutral or boring. You can still look professional using color and accessories. If your lifestyle is casual you can wear more than exercise wear and yoga pants.
- Stop saving and wear it. Avoid closet clutter. if you love the way it looks and fits keep it and wear it again. A closet makeover and organizing doesn’t mean getting rid of everything.
- Turn the hanger the other way. Here’s another way to wear it all… After you wear an item hang it up and turn the hanger backwards. Each time you select something to wear choose an item that hasn’t had the hanger turned.
Women’s wardrobe tips: 5 Ways to expand wardrobe
Women’s wardrobe tips are designed to help you to “shop in your closet” and create new outfits from the items that you own. Here are my 5 easy ways to have you try to expand your wardrobe on your own:
- Mix it up. You don’t have to wear the same top with bottom each time. Try to find at least 3 different tops for the same bottom. Avoid matching tops and bottoms.
- Layer it up. Add a jacket or vest. Play with various lengths, for example, wear a shorter jacket over a long shirt or blouse; wear a shorter skirt with a longer sweater or tunic
- Accessorize it. Remember that less is more and don’t do all of these together. Add a belt over a wrap, sweater or untucked shirt. Wear a scarf or pashmina, add a brooch. Add a statement bag (big size, bold color or metallic) that makes an outfit pop.
- Dress it up. You can wear a dark wash, or trouser style jean with a heeled shoe, suit jacket and blouse, and then accessorize.
- “Casual-ize” it. Wear a dressier skirt with a casual shirt or sweater then add tights and short boots.
Let me help you to create the image and look that you want and deserve today!
April 14, 2017Get organized to organize Get organized to organized! Would you ever host a special event or take a week long trip without making a plan? I hope not! Would you feel confident walking a half marathon if the furthest you walked was 1 mile? Call me crazy but you’d be better off training, first. Getting organized ... Read more
February 20, 2017Rainy day organizing projects | Closets Rainy day organizing projects | closets give you a sense of accomplishment. You can always schedule rainy day organizing projects even when it is not raining! You can organize by room but I suggest that you start small and declutter one closet at a time. Plan ahead so that you ... Read more
January 27, 2017Professional Organizer Professional Organizers are highly motivated to transfer their organizing skills to their clients. It makes more sense for you to to enjoy the benefits of organizing by using them in between sessions rather than use them only when I am there. I listen carefully to the things that my clients say during the time ... Read more
January 20, 2017Garage clutter Garage clutter can negatively impact everything from your relationships to finances. It’s critical to identify what the clutter is and the most efficient way to let it go. After you identify what you plan to keep your call to action is to have a plan that will result in a system you can maintain. Garage ... Read more
January 19, 2017Organizing a cluttered garage Organizing a cluttered garage doesn’t have to feel overwhelming. I observe that in fact, sometimes people would rather avoid this project and resign themselves to parking in the driveway or on the street. That may not be an option for some of you because of neighborhood rules. Organizing a cluttered garage has ... Read more
January 11, 2017Organizing systems Organizing systems are essential to getting and keeping you organized. This is true when organizing anything including paperwork, important documents, items in your kitchen, bathroom and garage, and your clothing. An effective organizing system is one that will allow you and others to: Retrieve things easily and when you need them. Return things to their “right” ... Read more
January 9, 2017Organizing Goals Organizing goals are ongoing because life is constantly changing. When we accept that concept and trust that organizing is a process not an end point, life is much easier. As your Personal Professional Organizer I would like to offer you these 5 organizing goals for the new year: Organizing Goal #1: Accumulate less clutter Clutter accumulates ... Read more
January 9, 2017Be more organized Be more organized by using my common sense organizing tips. All during January I am sharing common sense organizing tips to help you get and stay organized with more ease, less overwhelm, and less stress. If your goal is: “This year I am going to be more organized!”, then I am going to ... Read more
January 6, 2017Useful clutter tips Useful clutter tips help you to reduce and prevent the accumulation of new clutter. As a Personal Professional Organizer I can assure you that clutter is the small stuff that piles up, sits in boxes, takes up room in closets and drawers, and causes overwhelm. If you agree with the saying, “Don’t sweat ... Read more
January 1, 2017Common sense organizing tips The beginning of a new year is often the time when people set their intention on setting goals for self improvement and making resolutions to “do better”. Do yours sound anything like these? This year I’m going to… Be more organized. Be on time. Save more money. Get in shape. Lose weight. Eat healthy. Read more. It’s great to set your ... Read more