Time Management, Music
Time management has many benefits. When you don’t have a system for time management, or use the system that you have, the harmful consequences become evident quickly. Here are 7 examples of how poor time management can harm you:
- Well being – When you are struggling with time management it will negatively affect your well being. Increased and chronic levels of stress can wreak havoc with self esteem as well as your health.
- Sleep – Regular and adequate sleep is critical for your physical and mental health. If you are constantly under stress it can impair the quality of your sleep. Do you have trouble falling asleep? Staying asleep? What about waking up in the morning?
- Eating – Poor time management is often seen in a lack of planning, scheduling and routines. The consequences of this include poor food choices, wasted spending on fast food, or skipping meals.
- Productivity-Without time management it is often difficult to get work done in a productive manner. Keeping track of due dates is important as is learning to set healthy boundaries and only taking on what you can accomplish. Do you procrastinate and avoid the tasks that you don’t like to do? Read on to see how music might help this.
- Personal credibility – What do your friends, spouse or relatives think about your credibility and reliability. Do you remember to RSVP before the deadline? Are you often running late and making them wait for you? These habits can impact relationships in unhealthy ways.
- Accuracy – If you find yourself rushing to get things done you are more likely to make mistakes. When you don’t give yourself enough time to get to a meeting you may miss an exit or turn. When you aren’t planning ahead for projects or meetings you may show up without all of the essential information or materials.
- Career stability – Missed deadlines and showing up late never instills confidence in your supervisors or coworkers. To be well-regarded and considered for career advancement you want to demonstrate your time management skills on a consistent basis.
Music is a great tool and often under-utilized in terms of time management. Here are a few tips that you can try out if you want to enhance your time management skills and have a bit more fun as well:
Set your alarm – do you wake up to an alarm and if so, is a sound, the news or music? As a Time Management Coach I am a steadfast proponent of a daily sleep routine. How you wake up is almost as important as how much sleep you get. How you wake up can set the tone for the day. Try music that makes you happy, but nothing that is too soothing that it will lull you back to sleep. Whatever you choose, avoid the news because that can wait.
Dance while you clean – I love a clean home but I hate cleaning. My best tip for making cleaning go faster is to play energizing music, something that makes you want to dance. I would love to know what some of your favorites are and then I will share mine.
Wash the dishes – Have you ever thought about recruiting your significant other to clean up after dinner. Try playing “your” song while you and he wash and dry the dishes. Keep the dinner candles lit, too. When you take the time to make mundane tasks special it truly becomes quality time.
Time Management, Music
You might not need a Time Management Coach if you can motivate yourself and be driven by the benefits. Read: 15 Amazing Benefits of Listening to Music
Planning, Music – Try listening to calming music while you review your calendar and plan your week ahead.
Sleep, Music – Wind down at least 30 minutes before going to sleep at the same time every night. Play soothing music, only.
August 10, 2010Hmm, ever thought about clutter prevention? It is easier for some of us than others because we all accumulate things for different reasons. Like any behavior that you want to change it requires introspection and patience with oneself. Experts say it takes three (3) weeks to change a behavior (aka break a habit). But what ... Read more
August 8, 2010When is the optimal time to organize the kitchen cupboards, the junk drawer, the trunk of your car, or your garage? It’s not as if you have an abundance of spare time with nothing else to do, right? In order to organize your space and the things in it you will find that you want ... Read more
July 19, 2010Yikes, is your car a moving storage unit? Cars are intended to transport us comfortably and safely. There are great organizing and storage containers designed specifically for items in your car. First, it’s important to declutter and get rid of the things that don’t need organizing. Start by throwing out the trash and getting the ... Read more
July 17, 2010We always make time for what is important, right? You can make time for what you want and need to do. The way to organize your time is best accomplished by actually scheduling those activities and tasks. For instance, don’t have time to get to your emails? Schedule 10 minutes in the morning and 10 ... Read more
July 15, 2010Business slow? Take advantage of the time to take a break from your marketing efforts and organize your office space. Pick one task a day. Maybe tomorrow the focus is your desk top. Remember that your desk top is a work space, not a storage container. Too much on top of your desk? Consider limiting ... Read more
June 29, 2010Do you have a plan? Do you have a contingency plan? What is your most successful strategy when you are planning? Having a plan is like using a map. It provides direction from a starting point to a destination. There are generally alternative routes. Don’t set off without a plan and a sense of ... Read more
June 24, 2010In the process of moving, even when using professional movers, it seems that the process never ends. Do you really need to keep that item? Do you really want to pay to move it? When was the last time that you actually used it? Now is the time to make this an opportunity to continue ... Read more
June 15, 2010Time savers are intended to save you time to do the things that you enjoy, not necessarily just to get more done! What are your most successful time savers? Do you put things in the same place all of the time so that you don’t waste time looking for them? Do you store your items ... Read more
June 9, 2010Check out my tip on www.hgtv.com/organizing-and-storage-tip-jar/package. Read more
June 6, 2010Organizing a move can be a daunting task for most of us. When you begin to declutter in preparation it is important to make decisions at the early stages…try to avoid rethinking what stays and what goes, as well as moving your stuff from one place to another. There is great satisfaction in sharing the ... Read more