Each person has a different level of tolerance for what they think disorganization is in any given aspect of their lives. We all know individuals who can find exactly what they need at any given time when surrounded by piles of papers. We may also know people who complain that they never have enough time to get everything done. What about someone you know who has closets full of clothes and remarks that they have nothing to wear?
Outside In Organizer and Makeovers offers these guiding questions to answer, “How do I know if I need to hire an Organizer?”
First, begin by asking whether the situation is having adverse affect on:
- your health or safety?
- your relationships?
- your mental well being?
- your finances?
Second identify specifically, how the situation may be affecting your finances and productivity:
- Are you late making payments, going into overdraft, incurring fees, or making duplicate payments?
- Are you unable to manage your mail?
- Are you unprepared for meetings and appointments?
- Do you waste gas making several trips all over town in any given day?
- Does it seem like your “to do” list is always growing?
Third, look for patterns of behavior or perceived obstacles:
- Are you an organized person who is too busy, has too much to do, needs help getting a system in place?
- Do you find that you are able to organize a situation or space only to have it undone quickly?
- Are you unable to make decisions about what to keep and where and how to store it?
- Is it difficult or emotional to make decisions about what to donate or discard?
- Do you read books and magazines about how to declutter and organize but are unable to implement the ideas?
- Do you purchase organizing tools and supplies but rarely utilize them in a way that keeps you organized?
If some of this sounds familiar it might be a great time to contact a Professional Organizer and find out how she can help you with ideas and resources! There is no need to be embarrassed or ashamed, we use professionals regularly because they are specifically trained and experienced in ways to help you improve the quality of your life. Think of the professionals you use already…pet groomers, orthodontists, landscapers, chiropractors, and so on.