You don’t have to be a designer to know how to look your best. In fact, you don’t have to spend a lot of money either. Check out 1 of my new Pinterest boards for some ideas: http://www.pinterest.com/deniseimage/mens-casual/
Here are the basics:
- Go through everything in your closet and dresser and get rid of: worn, stained, ill-fitting items. You deserve only the best!
- Do the same with your ties, shoes, boots and belts.
- Take anything that needs altering, repairs, polishing, etc. to the cleaner or shoe repair shop immediately.
- Donate any item that is in good condition and that you no longer wear. For instance, work suits or winter jackets that you no longer need.
- Take some time to go to the men’s department in several stores. Check out what is currently in style, the fit, colors and details. Consider what you will be comfortable purchasing to update your wardrobe.
- If you don’t like shopping, browse men’s fashion magazines and ask your partner, friend, or a professional to shop for you!
- TIP: turn all of the hangers for the items that you are keeping the “wrong” way. After you wear something, place it back in the closet with the hanger facing the correct direction. At the end of the season you will see what you don’t wear and can donate!