Organizing Tips – Organized Bathroom
Organizing tips help you to get organized and stay organized. To get organized the basic steps are:
- LABEL (if needed)
Organize by room and priority. One of the rooms used most often is the bathroom. If you want to keep your bathroom organized commit to getting organized first and then using these organizing tips to maintain your system:
• Use it up! Use items up completely before opening or purchasing replacements. Donate unopened items that you don’t intend to use. Limit how much you stock up on extras.
• Use it all! Just a little bit left in the container? Put that item in your travel bag instead of packing a full container and then leave the empty behind.
• Less is more! Do you have a stockpile of hotel toiletries or samples? Stop saving them and use them. Save space, waste and money.
• Keep current. Check expiration dates on items, especially medications and supplements, regularly. Dispose of contents and containers correctly (don’t flush medications).
• Your system. Consider grouping items that you use regularly in the morning in one container and use another for the evening items.
• Go vertical! Don’t stack, use vertical space to keep things visible and accessible. Wire racks inside cupboards are helpful for storing taller items on the top and shorter ones underneath.
An organized bathroom will be easier to keep clean and healthier to use. A few last organizing tips:
- Limit the number of decorative items on the counter tops.
- Keep items that need to breathe out of drawers and cupboards.
- Wash your hair and makeup brushes with warm soapy water on a regular basis.
- Change the bathroom linens at least weekly.
- Other things that you can store in your bathroom if you have the space: hand vacuum cleaner, cleaning supplies.