DIY Organizing Projects
DIY organizing projects are a great way to:
- Take stock of what you already have,
- what you need and will use,
- what you want, and
- what you are ready to let go of.
DIY organizing projects allow you to feel productive and creative. You realize the immediate benefits of organizing: clear space, energy flows. Here is a Jumpstart Organizing Project that you can do any time of year:
Organize a Gift Storage Space
A gift space or hideaway allows you to store the gifts that you purchase throughout the year. People do this as they see something that they think a person would like to have; they’re inspired. It’s also a great way to spread out your expenses, save money, and save time. A gift hideaway keeps purchases safe, clean and hidden from potential recipients. Christy of Thrifty Thriving says:
“Make sure you have the room to store the gifts. I now have a closet in my garage, but I have previously kept the gifts in a Rubbermaid storage tote.” Read more
Steps for Organizing Gift Storage
- Identify the space – Select a barely used closet or cupboard that is well ventilated, dry and has shelves.
- Purchase supplies – Removable labels (helps you to remember who the item will go to), storage containers, etc.
- Group “like” items – Remember to store the gifts in a way that makes sense to you. Examples are by person, holidays, special occasion.
If you need a little help to make a plan and get started, check out this service:
“Personal 3-Step DIY Action Plan” for organizing your home or office.
- Create more space
- Prioritize steps for de-cluttering
- Organize, contain, label
Schedule 1 session with your San Diego Personal and Professional Organizer to today!