Your closet is for storage. It can showcase the contents, be clutter-free, and clean.
- Declutter: Keep it? Sell it? Donate it? Discard it? I will help you decide what action to take based on what fits, how recently and how often you wear it? Does it flatter your body when you wear it now? Does it need to be altered or repaired?
- Sort items by use; is it formal, business, casual, seasonal?
- Organize how items are arranged, for example, by color, by type of use, by length.
- Recommend useful storage containers and accessories, types of hangers, drawer inserts and liners, and shoe and boot boxes, seasonal items.
- Recommend use of vertical as well as horizontal space.
Your bedroom, bathroom and kitchen drawers are for storage. I can help you to make them uncluttered, safe and clean so that the contents are easy to access.
- Declutter: get rid of useless items; maximize space in drawers.
- Group like items.
- Arrange items close to where they are used.
- Improve easy access.
- Recommend appropriate drawer organizers and liners.
- Improve work flow.
Organize Home and Home-Based Offices
Your office space is a place to get work done. I can help you arrange your desk and storage systems in order to create an attractive and efficient space.
- Declutter: Use a decision making process to help you to decide what to keep? Convert to electronic? Discard?
- Assess function(s) for this space.
- Improve work flow and access to the things that you need.
- Assess scheduling requirements when there are multiple users.
- Recommend effective lighting for eye ease, minimize strain while reading.
- Recommend comfortable and safe seating arrangements.
In many homes, the heart of the home beats in the kitchen. I can help you create a cooking area that meets your needs, is easy to use, and is inviting.
- Assess your needs. Who uses the space, how it is used, how often and when? Does one person do the cooking and another cleans up?
- Maximize counter space.
- Enhance work flow efficiency and space to move about.
- Recommend useful storage containers and fixtures.
- Recommend efficient lighting.
- Evaluate ergonomic features; assess the physical impact of reaching, bending, standing on floor surfaces.
What do you want to use your garage for? I can help you clear the clutter and make room for your vehicle, create space to pursue your hobbies and work in, and to find creative ways to store items that you don’t use often.
- Downsize your stuff and upsize your life! Recycle, discard, donate, and sell those items you no longer use or are in need of repair.
- Declutter the floors, shelves, and cupboards to make space let energy flow.
- Maximize use of vertical and overhead space.
- Recommend use of effective storage containers and labeling methods.
- Ensure safety by removing or storing hazardous materials.
Organize Play Rooms
Anyone can play! I can find imaginative ways to make a play space that is fun, safe. Need the space for more? Let’s find ways to store!
- Evaluate use of the space. Is it multi-purpose or specifically, a playroom for children?
- Who uses the space? If it includes children, what are their ages?
- Recommend effective arrangement of furniture and items, storage containers, and materials that make the room well-suited for its purpose(s).
- Recommend ways to improve the use of vertical space.
- Assess ease of cleaning; would different flooring, for instance, make clean up easier?
- Recommend ways to improve safety such as eliminating sharp edges, breakables, etc.