Time management tips
Time management tips are useful to anyone who feels like they are not getting enough done or unable to get to the things that are important to them. If your life feels unbalanced it may because you are not making time for essential areas of your life:
- Personal, spiritual, and creative endeavors
- Relationships including self nurturing, friendships, and family
- Home, household
- Career, work, and professional development
We all have the same amount of time, 24 hours in a day and 7 days in a week. When we achieve balance, empower ourselves to make choices about how we use our time the benefit is that we can be generous with our time. My time management tips take only 20 seconds to no more than 120 minutes. Before I share time management tip #4 (read on) let’s see if we can agree to at least some of the following suggestions:
- Stop putting off what you can do now.
- Do you want/need to do it? If so, stop finding excuses for not starting a task. If not, let it go.
- YOU don’t have to do everything. Give it to someone else to do.
- Slow down and stop rushing. Give yourself time to get to places, enjoy the ride and relax. It’s okay to arrive early and refresh yourself.
Time management tip
Time management tip #4: Allow someone to get ahead of you in line.
Ask yourself if you are really in a rush. Notice how you feel when you do this for someone, especially because they were not expecting it. It may add 2-10 minutes of wait time for you while the benefits last at least 10 minutes or longer. Being generous with your time allows you to slow down and be in the moment. Did you ever have that feeling that you got somewhere and were on automatic instead of noticing the scenery? Planning and leaving yourself time in between activities is critical. Be realistic (and generous) with how much time you need to get something done. This will allow you to meet deadlines.
Next time you are waiting in line at the store or bank try to remember this time management tip and let someone get ahead of you in line. Let me know the reaction that you get.