As an Image and Wardrobe Consultant in San Diego I know that not everyone will go shopping with me. But that won’t keep me from sharing these tips! Think of me as your virtual consultant…
- Designers – find the brands and designers who create clothing that fits your body well. Build your wardrobe around those designers.
- Classic pieces – consider investing more in well constructed pieces that can be worn for several seasons.
- Trends – don’t be afraid of trends; spend less on those types of items.
- Accessorizing – have fun with it, be bold, and remember that less IS more.
- Color – if you absolutely love a color that doesn’t necessarily compliment your skin and hair color, wear it on the lower half of your body or as an accessory (shoe, bag).
- Metallic – these are still in style and like accessories…less is more.
- Alterations – a good seamstress is your friend! Make sure that your clothing fits the most challenging part of your body and then alter the item, as needed.